Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How Long Spark Plug Life

• Please log in to reply

gimseng

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:32 AM

gimseng

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Other than spark plug, how many type of plug does a car have for its engine ? What about ignition plug? How long can it be sustained ?

artemus

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
QUOTE (gimseng @ Feb 5 2010, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Other than spark plug, how many type of plug does a car have for its engine ? What about ignition plug? How long can it be sustained ?

ginseng..i dont quite follow..ignition plug n spark plug aint the same?
cheap and fast wont be reliable
fast and reliable wont b cheap
reliable and cheap wont be fast

vr2turbo

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (gimseng @ Feb 5 2010, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You driving diesel?

mubull

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 31 2010, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Iridium Tough suppose to last 100k km...... smile_shock.gif

Ya this iridium long life aka Laser iridium claim to last 100k km's , and irdium ix bout 35k -40k km;s.

I just changed my Original Honda Long Life plug to ngk laser iridium (same) at close to 80k Km's . It had not been clean before although I hv inform the SC ..But after seeing the mechanic to replace the plugs ..Then I know why . So many things to remove in order to change ..So I dun think they will clean for u even u requested it.
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

fkmfkm

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 5 2010, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You driving diesel?

glow sparks...

limking

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Feb 8 2010, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
glow sparks...

LOL 059.gif
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

vr2turbo

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Feb 8 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya this iridium long life aka Laser iridium claim to last 100k km's , and irdium ix bout 35k -40k km;s.

I just changed my Original Honda Long Life plug to ngk laser iridium (same) at close to 80k Km's . It had not been clean before although I hv inform the SC ..But after seeing the mechanic to replace the plugs ..Then I know why . So many things to remove in order to change ..So I dun think they will clean for u even u requested it.

Your engine bay and design, not service friend....... smile_blackeye.gif

dripinrain

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:53 AM

dripinrain

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Feb 8 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What model honda is yr car ? I oso thinking of cleaning cos alr 65k.
Is your honda plug dirty when its taken out ?

limking

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
Mine , Nology Silver spark plugs last only 18K mileage , I expected its lifespan to be around 25K- 30K mileage coz as advertised said to be more lasting . Wonder why how come such a short lifespan ???? Anyway its performance was damn good , can really feel the difference ( mine fitted with the Hotwires as well ) .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

gunner93

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:55 PM

gunner93

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 2 2010, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The V6 are really not service friendly. There are others which are 4 cylinders but also difficult to remove the plugs.... smile_blackeye.gif

EJ20 got to remove alot of stuff on the left and right side of the engine bay before reaching the plugs... smile_blackeye.gif

VG30DETT got to loosen engine mount to get to the last 2 plugs on the V6. smile_blackeye.gif

"Less Booze, More Boost" 

http://gunner93.multiply.com