Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Repairing A 307 Electric Window

• Please log in to reply

stube40

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

stube40

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Recently my 307CC's electric window mechanism decided to break itself and I'm in the middle of repairing it. You might find these pictures interesting if you've never taken the door card off your 307!!

The first picture shows the door stripped right back as far as a I can get it, in order to gain access to the window and lifting mechanism.

The second picture shows the 3 items I believe that I need to get hold of to do the repair job.

I suspect that I will have to remove the glass from the door (or at least detach it from the lifting mechanism) in order to get access to the cable mounting points - I can't see any other way of doing it without removing the glass.

Unfortunately, I can't see any way of getting access to the right hand glass mounting bolt to do this. It's behind the speaker somewhere, but the hole in the metal door panel that is behind the speaker doesn't quite appear to be in the write spot to grant access to the mounting bolt. Weird - I must be missing something!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140827_073820___Copy.jpg
  • 20140825_172932___Copy.jpg