Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 3008 - Issues

• Please log in to reply

vince866

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

vince866

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Hi Guys,

Anyone can share if you guys have similar issues and where did you get it resolved?

ENGINE NO PICKUP & GEAR SHIFT IS NOT RESPONDING CORRECTLY

when the car in stationary, you put to "D":
#1. During low speed: engine feels like lost of pickup and then regain slowly.
#2. On highway when you feel like over taking, the engine lack of power of the gear change refuse to take place. And another condition is after the gear has shifted down but the speed is not picking up.

Temperature Gauge unstable reading:

from a cold start: it shows zero to 90 (Optimum point). After you have hit warmed up which it should stay at 90 degrees, it will stay permanently right? But when you hit the highway on a plain level surface and cruising around 80/90 kmh, the temp gauge will slightly drop below optimum point until you required additional torque or come to normal road again.

Anyone has this experience and what is the cause?

Please share what and where did you resolve this?

ratchetguy

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

ratchetguy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
QUOTE (vince866 @ May 29 2013, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys,

Anyone can share if you guys have similar issues and where did you get it resolved?

#2. On highway when you feel like over taking, the engine lack of power of the gear change refuse to take place. And another condition is after the gear has shifted down but the speed is not picking up.

from a cold start: it shows zero to 90 (Optimum point). After you have hit warmed up which it should stay at 90 degrees, it will stay permanently right? But when you hit the highway on a plain level surface and cruising around 80/90 kmh, the temp gauge will slightly drop below optimum point until you required additional torque or come to normal road again.

I think it sounds like your engine is overheating. Maybe you need to check the water coolant / oil level first.

Fast & Furious...!

MASsenger

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (vince866 @ May 29 2013, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys,

Thermostat is responsible regulating water temperature. Could be the culprit,have it checked. Have the turbo unit and inlet/exit hoses checked for leak.

The REALdeal

vince866

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

vince866

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
QUOTE (ratchetguy @ May 29 2013, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it sounds like your engine is overheating. Maybe you need to check the water coolant / oil level first.

The temp reading is not showing higher than normal but lower than normal. This is the unexplainable part?
Water coolant and oil level all OK

chargerguy

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
Any fault code come out when the sluggish or lost of power?

U can treat this 2 item as separate cases. The sluggish might be due to loss of boost.

The temp might be due to stuck OPEN on thermostat but check in SC or ur nearest friendly mech to get it rectified...

Cheers..smile.gif

1 cent

jmkoo

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

jmkoo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
Vince,
The thermostat is stuck open which is why when you are on highway, the temp will drop due to overcooling. Too much air flowing past radiator at high speed.

I bet your car takes a longer time to warm up in the morning too.

I drive a 3008 too. In the morning drive out, it take about 5 min of slow driving to warm 90C, about the time it takes me to come out of my Taman. After that the needle stays rock solid at 90C.

Have the thermostat checked and if required replace.

turbo5008

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

turbo5008

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
Most likely this is not related but no harm checking. Make sure you have nothing underneath your gas pedal. Something like addtional carpet (most likely most of us put on extra), slipper, etc. There was a time my car also not responsive when I need power to overtake and I found out that it was due to my additional coil carpet that I add on. It get folded right under the gas pedal. The moment I step more on the gas pedal the carpet acts as a cushion therefore reducing the "speed" or "depth" of the pedal movement as I step on it. After I re-adjust the carpet, bingo the power delivery was normal again. So my understanding was that, the car sense the movement of the pedal. when we press slowly as though we need a steady increase of speed, it will give you a steady increase in speed (most likely no gear change if speed not too slow). The moment we press fast, the car response faster with gear changed and give you the power you need. So having something underneath the gas pedal will restrict the pedal movement.

vince866

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

vince866

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
QUOTE (jmkoo @ May 29 2013, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vince,
The thermostat is stuck open which is why when you are on highway, the temp will drop due to overcooling. Too much air flowing past radiator at high speed.

I bet your car takes a longer time to warm up in the morning too.

I drive a 3008 too. In the morning drive out, it take about 5 min of slow driving to warm 90C, about the time it takes me to come out of my Taman. After that the needle stays rock solid at 90C.

Have the thermostat checked and if required replace.

Hi Koo,

Yes it fits all your descriptions! But they refuse to admit, what can I do?
last week the "Anti Pollution system faulty" warning triggered and I drove over to Glenmarie and they confirmed that the turbo us faulty and I have been pursuing regularly and still they are saying pending AP approval. Not sure how long to wait ... the car when crossing junction or round about will move and then pull back (slow down) ... very dangerous to drive.
Anyone faces turbo unit defective even at low mileage <50k km? How fast they rectify?

vince866

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

vince866

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
QUOTE (turbo5008 @ May 31 2013, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most likely this is not related but no harm checking. Make sure you have nothing underneath your gas pedal. Something like addtional carpet (most likely most of us put on extra), slipper, etc. There was a time my car also not responsive when I need power to overtake and I found out that it was due to my additional coil carpet that I add on. It get folded right under the gas pedal. The moment I step more on the gas pedal the carpet acts as a cushion therefore reducing the "speed" or "depth" of the pedal movement as I step on it. After I re-adjust the carpet, bingo the power delivery was normal again. So my understanding was that, the car sense the movement of the pedal. when we press slowly as though we need a steady increase of speed, it will give you a steady increase in speed (most likely no gear change if speed not too slow). The moment we press fast, the car response faster with gear changed and give you the power you need. So having something underneath the gas pedal will restrict the pedal movement.

Hi,

Yes double checked that there are nothing blocking the pedal and yet it feels like lack of oxygen for the car to move forward.

ksb

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

ksb

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
could be you pump in problem fuel ron95 at certain time, at same station too.
i had that before, ron95 is dirty fuel, make my 308 almost cannot climb hill, totally lost of power.
after consume almost finish, pump to next station, power resume...