Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Starting Problem Due To Back Flow Diesel

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

neonlee

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
Something to share,

Faced a problem yesterday after park my car for whole day.
I start my rex from cold start after work... few second the engine stop
Attempt to crank few times still not mange to start again and the water sensor light come out...
first things come to my mind "No fuel suppy to engine" then open boot try to press the Priming pump feel soft and checked found that there are only litle bit diesel in the filter.

keep pressing the Priming pump till it become rigid... closed the boot then the engine started without any problem

Any bro got idea why this will happen ? Seems like the diesel flow reversely back to tank.

byebye2u

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:28 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ Apr 23 2011, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something to share,

Faced a problem yesterday after park my car for whole day.
I start my rex from cold start after work... few second the engine stop
Attempt to crank few times still not mange to start again and the water sensor light come out...
first things come to my mind "No fuel suppy to engine" then open boot try to press the Priming pump feel soft and checked found that there are only litle bit diesel in the filter.

keep pressing the Priming pump till it become rigid... closed the boot then the engine started without any problem

Any bro got idea why this will happen ? Seems like the diesel flow reversely back to tank.

Hi bro,

that day you change the reverse pipe already?

maybe the same problem causing you too much turbo lag, I have not encounter the problem. the scan 100 can read all the pressure,temperature at pump and injector. do you have any SC near you? it could be sensor problem only giving wrong/error reading , and can be service.

rex4585

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Apr 24 2011, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi bro,

that day you change the reverse pipe already?

maybe the same problem causing you too much turbo lag, I have not encounter the problem. the scan 100 can read all the pressure,temperature at pump and injector. do you have any SC near you? it could be sensor problem only giving wrong/error reading , and can be service.

Bro which is the reverse pipe?

byebye2u

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (rex4585 @ Apr 24 2011, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro which is the reverse pipe?

sorry..the pipe that flow back excess diesel to tank.

rex4585

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Apr 24 2011, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry..the pipe that flow back excess diesel to tank.

The return pipe. But if injectors good hardly any return diesel. Only get excess diesel return if injectors bad. Suggest do a injector leak test to confirm

neonlee

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (rex4585 @ Apr 24 2011, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The return pipe. But if injectors good hardly any return diesel. Only get excess diesel return if injectors bad. Suggest do a injector leak test to confirm

I change the return hose that day, the problem i faced is not the return hose , i found that the diesel filter full with air after park my car for whole day..

r3xt0n

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ Apr 24 2011, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I change the return hose that day, the problem i faced is not the return hose , i found that the diesel filter full with air after park my car for whole day..

There should be a one way valve controlling inflow of diesel to diesel filter and preventing return of diesel back to the tank. It is located under carriage, just after the fuel tank. This is also where the fuel breather is located too. Check out http://forum.autowor...showtopic=98527 on how to move the fuel breather to higher and safer location.

neonlee

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
Problem solved , found the root cause..
It cost me 50 cents to rectify this problem smile_cool.gif

Plastic nut at the bottom of diesel filter cracked, i had replaced with a steel nut with cooper washer..

teerex

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

teerex

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 632 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ May 14 2011, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem solved , found the root cause..
It cost me 50 cents to rectify this problem smile_cool.gif

Plastic nut at the bottom of diesel filter cracked, i had replaced with a steel nut with cooper washer..

Hi Bro, Wow you are not only an IT geek but also an engineering wiz. Good work.
The ultimate measure of man is not what he stands for in moments of comfort or convenience, but where he stands at times of challenges and controversy.

r3xt0n

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (teerex @ May 14 2011, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro, Wow you are not only an IT geek but also an engineering wiz. Good work.

A multi-talented breed that is good in software and hardware... hahahaa