Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Prevé - 1.6 IAFM M/T, 1.6 IAFM CVT, 1.6 CFE CVT

• Please log in to reply

davidlow7

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

davidlow7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
QUOTE (simongs @ Mar 1 2014, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as previous owner of persona se iafm & current owner of preve cfe i think i am entitled to giv my opinion based on my experiences..i regret buying the preve as it is nvr economical for city driving as being an heavier car more throttle input is needed to get it going in town...compared back to back against persona...persona consumption is better than preve in town & throttle response is more sharper...

but in long distances the preve gives quite good n decent figures when it come to FC against the persona...

we have to work the throttle hard in D mode to get the preve going "powerfully" n to feel the turbo..in S mode eventhough it behaves as though its powerful but in reality it just feels like running the engine on high rpm..the top speed on both modes are all the same only...the mid range power is really commendable..

now my view is anyne is considering between persona n preve cfe...its most advisable to buy the persona...its better in the sense that its less problematic

I agree with that.. I am on the CFE and it is a fuel ###### on town....

So there is a give and take but this car was advertised towards safety and not FC anyway
Just I feel some 2.0litre cars have better FC than this so called 1.6litre turbo... while Proton was madly advertising on the "Charged Fuel Efficiency"

By the way, how is the FC in your Preve doing? in previous post you mention at 10km/l.. I wonder how is it now..

Thanks

ntc2000

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
wah ...preve alr got own thread, why exora dont have own thread? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif