Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Need Advise On Tyre Change: 185/60r14

• Please log in to reply

mubull

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (littlevil @ Dec 4 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you stop spamming bro!? This is very annoying that you post in every thread in Tyre forum smile_angry.gif

bro. vr2, could you delete all his post? Thanks smile.gif

I think bro evil pls edit your quotes ya.
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

vr2turbo

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Dec 4 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think bro evil pls edit your quotes ya.

If you are referring to that joker, I reported him to Forum Admin, for him to be banned and posts to be deleted...... smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (littlevil @ Dec 4 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good job as usual smile_thumbup.gif

Just helping out......Thanks.... smile_wink.gif

kho51

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

kho51

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
Actually how can I know whether a tyres is hard sidewall or soft sidewall?

khskeet

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:41 AM

khskeet

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
QUOTE (kho51 @ Dec 4 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you can feel it if comparing to a normal tyre or the side wall is protecting the rim then it is a hard sidewall type.

youfa77

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:11 AM

youfa77

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
QUOTE (elvin229 @ May 5 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

I'm new in here and need advise to replace the old tyre from my car for 1st time.
I'm currently own a Myvi with stock tyre Goodyear Eagle NCT5 175/65R14 and intend to upgrade to new set of tyre with the size 185/60R14.

Currently I have been offer:

Yokohama A-Drive - RM140 each: free balancing & alignment
I think you are referring to AA01 - A good tyre to use
Bridgestone Turanza AR10 - RM170 each: free balancing & alignment
Never try before - No Comment
Falken ZIEX912 - RM150 each: free balancing & alignment
Never try before - No Comment
Goodyear Ducaro GA - rm160 each: free balancing & alignment
Reasonably good tyre, but tyre noise level go up after 20k to 30k
Michelin PP2 - rm180 each: free balancing & alignment
Never try before - But seem quite nice
Yokohama AD07 - RM200 each: free balancing only
One of the best tyre - Semi Slick, which grip like no one else business. But will not be a quiet, comfortable & a no-no in wet

My question:
1. I'm looking forward to have:
- better grip in wet and dry Michelin PP2
- quiet and comfortable ride Michelin PP2 or Yoko AA01 could be your choice
- can last longer (at least 35,000km or more) Yoko AA01 could be your choice

which one should I choose? (Or you have better suggestion?)

2. I found from the internet that there are Yokohama C-Drive with size 185/60R14 in Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. Most of the Yokohama dealer listed in YHI Malaysia mentioned it is no longer available, is it true?
Ask around your nearby tyre shop whether are they selling or not, some time they are not bringing it due to low demand

3. Is it true that the valve need to be replaced if the tyres change? They offer me RM5 for rubber type and RM10 for steel type, is it worth for the price?
Rubber tube is soft, and will harden over time, best to replace rubber tube with every tyre change. Steel tube just check for tightness of the lock nut.

4. I have been told by my friend that most tyre shop will ask you to change chamber nut. They told me I should not change it because these are not needed to add/replace for my car, am I correct?
Yupz.

5. Is it good to have nitrogen gas pump in to tyre? I was told it did help in Fuel Consumption. Another guy told me it's not worth for Myvi as the car body is big, easily get involve with accident.
Nitrogen have its advantage, but not widely available. Normally tyre shop charge Rm5 for nitrogen gas for each tyre.

6. How much air pressure should I pump for new set of tyre 185/60R14 ? (Normally I pump around 31 psi for front and rear tyre.)
If you feel the ride is humpy, reduce the air pressure. Play around with the air pressure and you will find the one that suit your ride.

Your reply is much appreciate.
Thanks again. smile_blush.gif

Regards,
elvin229

When the sun go down, another world awakes....

vr2turbo

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (kho51 @ Dec 4 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Press the sidewall when tyre is not mounted yet.
You can feel the difference between one that has a stiff (hard) sidewall and one that soft sidewall..... smile_thumbup.gif

2cents

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:28 PM

2cents

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
for 185/60r14
Falken 912 still have the best value for money in the slightly performance / quiet oriented category.
I would not touch AD07 for road car, you are going to ask for trouble in m'sia raining season.
PP2 not easy to get I think, I had ask in my regular klang tyre shop (ban hooi) and they mention for that size they are not carrying. Quoted by the boss son: "not competitive compare to 912, especially price is factored in."

vr2turbo

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:13 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (2cents @ Dec 22 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for 185/60r14
Falken 912 still have the best value for money in the slightly performance / quiet oriented category.
I would not touch AD07 for road car, you are going to ask for trouble in m'sia raining season.
PP2 not easy to get I think, I had ask in my regular klang tyre shop (ban hooi) and they mention for that size they are not carrying. Quoted by the boss son: "not competitive compare to 912, especially price is factored in."

This is because 185/60/R14 is not like the giant size 17" & 18" tyres and therefore less choices in the performance models except a few like AD-07. This AD-07 is sort after by Grass Racing kakis for their Iswara & Sagas.
Coming back to normal models, the Falken ZE-912 is the most money for value for this size.... smile_thumbup.gif

Halem

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

Halem

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 23 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is because 185/60/R14 is not like the giant size 17" & 18" tyres and therefore less choices in the performance models except a few like AD-07. This AD-07 is sort after by Grass Racing kakis for their Iswara & Sagas.
Coming back to normal models, the Falken ZE-912 is the most money for value for this size.... smile_thumbup.gif

Bros vr2turbo,
how about hankook? prior to my present xm1 (185/60/14), i been using hankook optimo k406 (i feel it is better than xm1) but i think it been discontinued, any idea what's the replacement.