Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Review: Chevrolet Orlando

• Please log in to reply

ckl050877

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (nazuri @ May 5 2014, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi william, congrates on your Orlando booking..

may i know which Chevrolet's sales office you had booked the Orlando? as per my experience, i also have to wait for about a month as my sales guy said, when Naza Quest order the Chevies, they come in bulk in the shipping. sometimes they would get only afew Orlandos but more Cruzes...some shipping got no Orlando at all..i dunno why they get the order in such way..

yes, i totally agree with u on the scary part of reading a bad reviews online..as per comment before this..the product is good but the after service that need to buckle up..unless your Orlando does not screw up with any unique problems...hope all are okay. since they had invested millions of ringgit into the 3S centre, i hope they would improve and consistent in this competitive industry..

I thought the same before I bought my Peugeot 308. But I had been suffering for their world class customer service. I just release from my nightmare after warranty is due. But it may another nightmare when car got problem. I am not referring to the price but the waiting time for spare parts! I have to wait for months for just a cheap door trim. If it is expensive part, I am sure they keep NO stock!

tazztham

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
hi, yeah the one in Glenmarie is small and kind of poor attitude for those sales agent. I suggest you go to USJ19 which is a bigger facility. I love of captiva service there and find the people are supportive.

QUOTE (nazuri @ Apr 29 2014, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi..i had recently serviced my Orlando for the 1st time (10k or 9months whichever comes first but mine, the 9months came first as i used my Orlando only in weekends, did just 8k).

yes, i would admit that Chevrolet Malaysia needs to work harder to get their service centre up to mark as the one that I had visited (Glenmarie), the service centre has no Service Manager..the guy that accept my car key and the booklet service, perform the registration and explain what are the things need to be replaced/replenish, is the one that drive the car into the service bay (which have only 2 bays).

nevertheless, i still want to praise that guy for being very informative and helpful in recommended what type of engine oil, some advise of not make a habit to let the fuel in your Orlando's tank less than half and did a good job in entertaning the customers while need to attend to calls and so forth...he is like a one man show !

the mgmt of Naza Wheel / Naza Quest should quickly resolve this shortage by maintaining adequate support in their service center. sometimes, it is not the fault of the people/staff but the lack of manpower can bring down a good brand like Chevrolet.

last but not least, i would like to give my opinion that to compare with established brands like Honda Toyota that has been years in Malaysia. with Chevrolet, seems like quite unfair. but of course the Naza mgmt needs to improve quickly of their after sales service to provide good support to the Chevy owners out there.

oh forgot to share...the 1st service was free for labor..so just pay for the engine oil, oil filter and i forgot 1 more item..that cost me only rm193.

and to tazztham ! it is a good deal then to get a cheaper Orlando at rm106k OTR ! grab it..it is a good mpv i would say. mine, i had to be happy with rm123k++ OTR...

tazztham

tazztham

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
still need to wait? call this number Kenny 012-2980710, I think within a week ler.

QUOTE (williamlgh @ May 2 2014, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to share on the experience.

Tested the Orlando and instantly liked it compared to Grand Livina and Alza, though have no bad impressions to both either. Signed and paid deposit, but still waiting for 1+ month and no idea when can get, sigh. Wondering if the waiting period for other users here is the same. Sales and manager not helping much; I really don't want to get a bad car too.

Really don't want to choose another car as the Orlando is a good fit for my family, but reading the bad reviews online is making think 3-4 times now....praying for the best.

tazztham

nazuri

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

nazuri

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (tazztham @ May 9 2014, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi, yeah the one in Glenmarie is small and kind of poor attitude for those sales agent. I suggest you go to USJ19 which is a bigger facility. I love of captiva service there and find the people are supportive.

hi tazztham...from your comment and recommendation, seems like you had 'scored' an Orlando? Just wonder how much its final cost with those rebates and other offer maybe? your model has the reverse sensor with camera and start stop button right ?? i jealous i am.. dry.gif

on the Chevrolet Server center, yeah i thought I want to go to USJ19 one but decided to give a try at Glenmarie. Maybe for my 2nd service, I would go there ..thanks for the recommendation...

tazztham

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
QUOTE (nazuri @ May 14 2014, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi tazztham...from your comment and recommendation, seems like you had 'scored' an Orlando? Just wonder how much its final cost with those rebates and other offer maybe? your model has the reverse sensor with camera and start stop button right ?? i jealous i am.. dry.gif

on the Chevrolet Server center, yeah i thought I want to go to USJ19 one but decided to give a try at Glenmarie. Maybe for my 2nd service, I would go there ..thanks for the recommendation...

hi...it is RM106OTR. no reverse camera I think... offer stock running out.

tazztham

rezha530

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

rezha530

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
hi guys,

im looking for MPV...currently im driving a vios...need to change for a bigger car as me n my wife is expecting our 3rd child...do not know what to choose
...grand livina, orlando...

tazztham

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
QUOTE (rezha530 @ Jun 18 2014, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi guys,

im looking for MPV...currently im driving a vios...need to change for a bigger car as me n my wife is expecting our 3rd child...do not know what to choose
...grand livina, orlando...

I think orlando is more comfy and solid than livina or other mid MPV. value for money now. I wish Malaysia have the 1.4Turbo version as like Singapore.

tazztham

nazuri

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

nazuri

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (tazztham @ Jul 17 2014, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think orlando is more comfy and solid than livina or other mid MPV. value for money now. I wish Malaysia have the 1.4Turbo version as like Singapore.

rezha530,

although this is sound so 'bias' because we are the owner of Orlando, I have to agree with tazztham on his comment ..comparing livina with orlando.

before decided to get orlando, me and my wife had tested livina..it was a fine mpv but when you drive orlando, it has a different feeling that hard to describe. u have to drive both on the same day if possible and compare. it is much more easy to decide if your wife and your kids (if they can give feedback) aso be involved in the 'test drive day'.

as for my 'bias' comment, of course i prefer orlando compare to livina. to me, orlando has 'life'..livina feels no-life..ehehe

tazztham, yeah the 1.4 turbo version has better review in S'pore..

lowpro

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (tazztham @ Jul 17 2014, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

unfortunately, due to malaysia not having euro 4 fuel standards, the turbo engines are not allowed into malaysia.
Let's talk about driving again!

tazztham

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:28 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Sep 9 2014, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unfortunately, due to malaysia not having euro 4 fuel standards, the turbo engines are not allowed into malaysia.

hmm... I don't thk so. the 1.4 Turbo petrol engine is available in Singapore. I am sure Malaysia petrol is ok for all petrol engine. if not all those other make turbo engine will be in trouble.

it is Naza now doing the right research. same goes to Malibu, bring the outdated 2.4 MPI engine. other country already using 2.0 Turbo and 2.5 Direct Injection engine for Malibu.

tazztham