Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Review: Chevrolet Orlando

• Please log in to reply

ckl050877

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (sianglee @ Dec 14 2012, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Went to show room just now, noticed that second row air cond with no electric blower one, just diverting air flow from the front...
May not as efficient for fast cooling under hot sun as innova or exora with add. air blower...

Got only two airbag, pretty minimum compliance to safety req...

Yes, got only 2 air bags. But even camry only has 2 air bags.

sianglee

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

sianglee

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
Anticipate for the 2.0 diesel ver...
1.8 l for 1.5 ton car is sure feel under power .

ckl050877

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
I just wonder if this MPV is badged under T, I guess it will have hot discussion here.

tehcho

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

tehcho

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Tested drive it, quite ok in term of comfort, ride, steering control, space, got cruise control not bad , nice interior , good sound system , but lack of power, engine noise quite high when u accelerate, but overall will consider with family of 4, still looking for high trade for my current car.
U know its hard to find such price with type car!
The services still need to improve, the salesman seem don't know about the car, and for the service condition.
5 yr warranty with 15k interval service free labor only for 3 yr, is it true?

ckl050877

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (tehcho @ Dec 18 2012, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tested drive it, quite ok in term of comfort, ride, steering control, space, got cruise control not bad , nice interior , good sound system , but lack of power, engine noise quite high when u accelerate, but overall will consider with family of 4, still looking for high trade for my current car.
U know its hard to find such price with type car!
The services still need to improve, the salesman seem don't know about the car, and for the service condition.
5 yr warranty with 15k interval service free labor only for 3 yr, is it true?

In Canada, it is 2.4L. Some countries get it for 2.0L. Due to Bolehland’s super high tax, Naza has no choice but to bring in only 1.8L to keep the price attractive. If it is sold at RM140K+, do you think you will still interested on it?

What do you expect for salesman? It is the same for all brand salesman. I do not dare to say all of them are the same but I will use the word “majority” x “majority”.

tehcho

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

tehcho

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
at least hv basic knowledge, it seem like he is not sure about the service cost, function and control of the car.
they only know how to sell is not enough.
still lacking behind after many many yr here...disappointed....

nazuri

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

nazuri

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (tehcho @ Dec 19 2012, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
at least hv basic knowledge, it seem like he is not sure about the service cost, function and control of the car.
they only know how to sell is not enough.
still lacking behind after many many yr here...disappointed....

tehcho, care to share where did you test drove the Orlando? I don't think all Naza Quest showroom has a Orlando unit for test drive...

In term of pricing, rm118,888 is a very attractive for a new 'bigger-than-mid-sized-MPV'...would like to test drive it with my family members..

from your comment after visiting the showroom, Naza Quest has alot of things to tidy up in term of salesman technical knowledge, how they provide maintenance service interval information for a particular model for customer information like the top 3 japanese makers...

I thought the CEO of Naza Quest was the Perodua ex-CEO ? he should know better right?

TheGunner

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (nazuri @ Dec 20 2012, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the CEO of Naza Quest was the Perodua ex-CEO ? he should know better right?

Ex Perodua CEO Datuk Syed Hafiz is the COO of Naza Kia and does not handle the Chevrolet business. The Naza Group is a vast business empire and after the founder passed away, different sections of the business were handed over to different parties.

Receiving the biggest shares, of course, are the two sons SM Faisal and Nasarudin. Faisal controls Naza World (grey imports), NZWheels (Mercedes-Benz dealer), and Naza Quest (Chevrolet), whilst Nasarudin handles Nasim (Peugeot) and Naza Kia.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

alphawolf

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Dec 20 2012, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ex Perodua CEO Datuk Syed Hafiz is the COO of Naza Kia and does not handle the Chevrolet business. The Naza Group is a vast business empire and after the founder passed away, different sections of the business were handed over to different parties.

Receiving the biggest shares, of course, are the two sons SM Faisal and Nasarudin. Faisal controls Naza World (grey imports), NZWheels (Mercedes-Benz dealer), and Naza Quest (Chevrolet), whilst Nasarudin handles Nasim (Peugeot) and Naza Kia.

I see, thanks for the info. unfortunately, with my own experiences, and countless others who bought Kias, Peugeots and Chevys (don't know about NZWheels and NazaWorld's service though), they are all louya (rubbish in Hokkien) one lah..

tehcho

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

tehcho

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (nazuri @ Dec 20 2012, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tehcho, care to share where did you test drove the Orlando? I don't think all Naza Quest showroom has a Orlando unit for test drive...

In term of pricing, rm118,888 is a very attractive for a new 'bigger-than-mid-sized-MPV'...would like to test drive it with my family members..

from your comment after visiting the showroom, Naza Quest has alot of things to tidy up in term of salesman technical knowledge, how they provide maintenance service interval information for a particular model for customer information like the top 3 japanese makers...

Got lah , I tested at ttdi area,