Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Fuel Consumption - Camry 2.0e And Accord 2.0

• Please log in to reply

scenic

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (Coffee @ Mar 30 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah...the tsunami start to hit us already...in a different way!
Anyway like waht some of the guys have said, it really depends on your right foot and the road condition. I am a gentle driver. My best record was 13.5km/L on the highway from KL-Ipoh. But I know of one other bro who managed 14km/L. So, lots of variables involved.
Either Camry or Accord, you wont go wrong. These are the best selling passenger cars in US anyway smile_thumbup.gif

Buying a car you gotta like it. Can ask around for suggestions or read mags or forums. But, you have to decide what you want. This time round I find Accord suits my needs as well as for my family members who find Accord is the car to travel in amongst the few D segment cars that they have tried out together with me. Camry or Accord, you cannot go wrong with either of them. Accord commands the best used car price for the last 15 years in the US. smile_approve.gif Both are kings in the D segment category worldwide. Cheers.
director's choice

Coffee

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

Coffee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Mar 30 2011, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buying a car you gotta like it. Can ask around for suggestions or read mags or forums. But, you have to decide what you want. This time round I find Accord suits my needs as well as for my family members who find Accord is the car to travel in amongst the few D segment cars that they have tried out together with me. Camry or Accord, you cannot go wrong with either of them. Accord commands the best used car price for the last 15 years in the US. smile_approve.gif Both are kings in the D segment category worldwide. Cheers.

Bro scenic,

By the way I used to drive an Accord when I was in US. It was a 87' model that I bought in 1996' for USD2300. US models come with pop-up headlights. Had 156,000miles (250k km) mileage on it. Whether is 40 degree celcious summer or -7 degree winters, it never missed a beat. And all the while I just fed it Conoco's RON87. Sold it to a friend in 98' for USD1600. smile_thumbup.gif
You're Never Alone When You've Got Your Coffee.

scenic

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (Coffee @ Mar 30 2011, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro scenic,
By the way I used to drive an Accord when I was in US. It was a 87' model that I bought in 1996' for USD2300. US models come with pop-up headlights. Had 156,000miles (250k km) mileage on it. Whether is 40 degree celcious summer or -7 degree winters, it never missed a beat. And all the while I just fed it Conoco's RON87. Sold it to a friend in 98' for USD1600. smile_thumbup.gif

Bro coffee,
That should be the 3rd gen Accord. One of the best around I think. I had Camry instead then. But, no problem as both are equally good stuff to own. heehee. What do you think of the Korean cars nowadays ? There's a lot of debates going in this forum. Cheers.

director's choice

Coffee

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

Coffee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Mar 30 2011, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro coffee,
That should be the 3rd gen Accord. One of the best around I think. I had Camry instead then. But, no problem as both are equally good stuff to own. heehee. What do you think of the Korean cars nowadays ? There's a lot of debates going in this forum. Cheers.

Actually I have high regards for Hyundai/Kia. They really improved by leaps and bounds. I still keep an article I read in Wall Street Journal in 2005, where the writer managed to interview a senior Toyota executive on the spot in one of the motor shows in US. That time the Hyundai Azera was just launched and that senior Toyota executive and his 'group' were gathering around to check out what the Azera was like. Off the record, they mentioned that they were not afraid of Nissan or Honda or Ford etc. They were in fact watching out for Hyundai as a threat. That was 6 years ago. True enough Hyundai is now a threat to them.

If anything at all, the existence of Hyundai/Kia is important to give Toyota and Honda a good run for their money. Look at the new Sonata and Optima, they make the current crop of Jap mobiles look slab-sided. The Hyundai Genesis and Aquus makes the LS460 look so last decade. I think the Japs have been slacking (in fact, in some aspects my previous SVX20 is indeed better built than my current ACV). The Korean's existance will only push car manufacturers to give us better products.

Kudos to Hyundai/Kia. They are not perfect, but their current glory is well deserved. smile_thumbup.gif
You're Never Alone When You've Got Your Coffee.

alldisc

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
i managed to get my hands on the latest camry ACV4# for a week recently, for testing purposes.

i am not that surprised to find it is not so economical. but it is not that bad either.

one full tank i drive like a regular person can drive, the FC is below 10km/L. 9 something. cannot remember exact, but not a figure to be proud of. the following day, drove more relaxed with a lighter foot... manage to achieve almost 11km/L. but to drive a camry at 80-90kph on kesas highway is not a nice experience. some lorry drivers may curse you, a kancil may overtake also.

so, i believe camry 2.0 suffers when it comes to economy but not that bad. the more effective way is to fill the car tank full. drive for 100km and then fill it up full again. mix routes. highway, trunk roads and some congestions. that will be it real life figure.

i think accord 2.0 fares better here due to the fact accord 2.0 has 5 forward gears while camry only a 4 speeder. accord has the upperhand by having better pulling in acceleration. for crusing, both cars are using overdrive ratios so not a big issue there.

both camry and accord 2.4 are using 5 speed auto transmissions.

cwhitec

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

cwhitec

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Hi All

I am so excited that my New pearl white camry will be coming by next week. Thanks for all your feedback on this thread. i have another question that i posted on security section but not seem to have any feedback, therefore i decided to post here.

What is the lock your guy use to protect your Camry or accord? i am using Locktech which was like 6 years ago for my current honda city. Any other lock which is better ? appreciated any feedback here.

Thanks Guys

alldisc

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:30 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
hi!

a new camry coming? good for you

the camry is already installed with good security features including immobiliser, dead locks, visible chassis number at windscreen and an alarm system with intrusion sensor and anti tilt system (to prevent the car towed away).

the rest is up to us actually and our practices including where we park, where we go and the likes.

any additional steering lock or gearlever lock does actually help to slow down the thieves - their secret of their success is speed. anything slow them down and they may end up in jail

happy driving!!