Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

nissan VS toyota

• Please log in to reply

Jumpman23

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:19 AM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
Continuous variable valve timing (CVVT) or VVT with some manufacturers is an automotive technology that allows the intake and/or exhaust valve timing to be infinitely varied during engine operation throughout the RPM range. There are no discrete stages for affected components, as in the VTEC-style system which operates after the threshold RPM.

Check all the details of various brand here:-

Various Car brand Engine Technology

Popcorn

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Sep 13 2009, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dvvt - dual variable valve timing

vvt-i variable valve timing injection (Latest Camry 2.0 and 2.4 used those) Toyota Rush as well

Facelift looks awful for god sake. This is not a cheap car, is price more than MYR 100K would you prefer Mazda, Peugeot, Ford, City or this look?

Check out the many Sentra with Nismo aerokits.... FYI nowadays most of these cars comes with FOC aerokits!

Cruiser

Jumpman23

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:45 AM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
The facelift for Nissan is too old and boring. They need to hire some top class designer, to redesign and refit its current fleet of car else they will lost out to its neighbor Suzuki, Toyota, Honda and Mazda.

jayraptor

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:49 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Sep 13 2009, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dvvt - dual variable valve timing

vvt-i variable valve timing injection (Latest Camry 2.0 and 2.4 used those) Toyota Rush as well

[

Jumpman & fkmfkm,

DVVT in Perodua is not dual variable valve timing. It's only 1 hydraulic actuator attached to intake camshaft pulley function at low to mid end support only. I forgot the full name of DVVT in Perodua.

Toyota dual VVT-i is dual variable valve timing as available in latest Lexus RX350 & Toyota Prius and possilble upcoming Altis 2.0V.

The Sentra N16 is already retired in Japan. How to come up with better facelift without Nissan Japan's effort? DIY in Malaysia can only do with accessories & aerokit.

Popcorn

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Sep 14 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jumpman & fkmfkm,

DVVT in Perodua is not dual variable valve timing. It's only 1 hydraulic actuator attached to intake camshaft pulley function at low to mid end support only. I forgot the full name of DVVT in Perodua.

Toyota dual VVT-i is dual variable valve timing as available in latest Lexus RX350 & Toyota Prius and possilble upcoming Altis 2.0V.

The Sentra N16 is already retired in Japan. How to come up with better facelift without Nissan Japan's effort? DIY in Malaysia can only do with accessories & aerokit.

DVVT in Perodua's context is Dynamic Variable Valve Timing.

Toyota's Dual VVT-i sounds impressive but again by that time will be pricing issue since T brand commands a high premium... Wonder if the direct injection engines with dual vvt-i can run efficiently on RON95?

FYI the G11 Sylphy in Japan comes with HID... rear discs,.. and many high level equipments but not here..
Cruiser

fkmfkm

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Sep 14 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jumpman & fkmfkm,

so is it valve timing in viva ?

Popcorn

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Sep 14 2009, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so is it valve timing in viva ?

Yup. The 3cyl DVVT series in Viva more on fuel efficiency.. why buying a 2/3rd car?
Toyota shared similar engines for certain models with entry 1.0 cc engines.
Cruiser

devilsiew

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:35 AM

devilsiew

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Sep 11 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3 cyl also got DVVt right ?

ur b14 air con cold or not ???

Hmmm....for my feel is ok lol, but if compare to Wira....can't compare lol. But after change the compressor to so call orginal (not in TC), is like shit, they set the compressor running too frequent....and i guess FC increase liao.

fkmfkm

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Sep 14 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup. The 3cyl DVVT series in Viva more on fuel efficiency.. why buying a 2/3rd car?
Toyota shared similar engines for certain models with entry 1.0 cc engines.

hahaha...maybe...

but this DVVT is running belt..weird...

QUOTE (devilsiew @ Sep 15 2009, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm....for my feel is ok lol, but if compare to Wira....can't compare lol. But after change the compressor to so call orginal (not in TC), is like shit, they set the compressor running too frequent....and i guess FC increase liao.

like shit ??? too cold ? hot ??

why u change the compressor ? this compressor damm durable one...

jayraptor

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Sep 14 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DVVT in Perodua's context is Dynamic Variable Valve Timing.

Toyota's Dual VVT-i sounds impressive but again by that time will be pricing issue since T brand commands a high premium... Wonder if the direct injection engines with dual vvt-i can run efficiently on RON95?

FYI the G11 Sylphy in Japan comes with HID... rear discs,.. and many high level equipments but not here..

As long as the engine is not GDI, the type that injector injects fuel straight into combustion chamber, RON95 is still effective though less efficient on FC & energy compared to RON97. Toyota dual VVT-i is definitely ok with RON95. For GDI, will see bigger difference between using RON95 & RON97.