Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

List Of Modifications On Your Sonata Yf

• Please log in to reply

roocarroll

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 17 2011, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi roocarroll... no, the Nightbreaker aren't illegal.. They're just replacement bulbs..

These are parking lights and the LEDs: (the parking light is a T-10 wedge type base)

Thanks, mate. Please excuse my ignorance but are the parking lights purely cosmetic?

adrwoon

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (roocarroll @ Mar 17 2011, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, mate. Please excuse my ignorance but are the parking lights purely cosmetic?

hi, the LEDs just make it whiter and are longer lasting..

but the purpose of the parking lights or position lights used to be to allow the driver to drive at night in brightly lit areas without turning on the main headlamps (now illegal in most countries) to avoid glare to oncoming cars, houses late at night and pedestrians... and surprise, surprise were used for parked cars to warn others of the parked car at night (as the name suggests) smile_big.gif

basically, it serves the functions above, whether LED or normal bulb...
I don't want to be a genius - I have enough problems just trying to be a man.
Albert Camus

ricprom

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
Nice meeting you today and was glad you like the mods so far. I realise that the shop has also did the sound proofing on your console near the gear stick as well which he did not do it for Adrian & Zainal car previously...... Adrian & Zainal u might want to pay Lim a visit to do this last part.......... I think it might even reduce some noise from this area.

After all this good comments from you guys, I am itching to do my ride as well but trying to find time next week or the week after.

Stay tune as for mid April TT session..........
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

devilfan

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:00 AM

devilfan

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 17 2011, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as for the harness, you make a small cut about one quarter way up the end with the red and black connectors.. gently pull out the red and black harness till a small relay comes out.. there will be three wires connecting to the relay: black, red and green. Of the three wires, cut the red wire in half. Get the shop to run a wire from fusebox (choose a fuse like the cigarette lighter or something that will run on ACC) and connect one to ground and the other wire to the red wire that is leading to the small relay

hi gents for those planning to order just to inform that sharkracing can customize the whole thing for you. in my case they modified the harness and even put a fuse at the end of the wire. so all i need to do is get it plugged to something that runs on acc in the fuse box. just tell them that your car doesnt have drls on the headlamp and you would like to run it on acc

MOUSEY

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

MOUSEY

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Mar 16 2011, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aisay..can't wait to have the 3rd TT to see yr all awesome car before & after.. mousey, any photo to share with us? laugh.gif

Car a bit dirty after whole week of rain la... a bit awkward to share at the moment. Weekend am washing the baby myself and can snap a few pix also.

Am looking at these next...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item43a31b368c

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4155cee496

But there are some OEM or local versions which is much cheaper. Perhaps even SG are offering at better rates. Anyone can comment ?
Some drivers drive crazily or drives you crazy

trijuta

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
QUOTE (MOUSEY @ Mar 18 2011, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think this one not right,men..the title write "YF rear lamp molding" but the photo shown NY rear lamp? don't buy wrongly later can't fit..
after all this mod yr baby **bling bling** already.. smile_big.gif

adisonata

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:04 AM

adisonata

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (wakeng @ Mar 17 2011, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Adisonata,

The parking lights is also in my books to be changed. I'm looking for a place which have some experience in doing the job instead of this shops which only work on trial and error.

Will be collecting my ride only next month. Car is already at the dealers, i cannot collect because i just got called overseas : ( My DRL has already been delivered to me. Hope u can help.

Wakeng, for the place to shop for LED light u can found in a few shop to see which one u like. To install it... i think better DIY. I also want easy life, but when I let them do DRL !!!! First Time for them!!! u know what i mean. BM don't hv much Sonata. Later I hv to DIY the DRL again. If u want I can help u on install, just belanja me a cup of milo.. ha. Don't worry I'm EE b4 plus already hv Adrwoon diagram.
Inform me when u get your ride. I stay in BM too. Maybe we can hv small TT & DIY.

Adrwoon thank for the DRL diagram. Did anyone want to order the DRL @ fog? What is the best price we can get?

wakeng

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

wakeng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 17 2011, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi wakeng.. yup, you're right on both counts about the parking light and ACC... except for our Sonata, it's the push-button...

any good accessories shop will be able to install it for you.. it's a really perfect fit.. the only thing is they have to loosen the foglight to thread the LED connectors through..

as for the harness, you make a small cut about one quarter way up the end with the red and black connectors.. gently pull out the red and black harness till a small relay comes out.. there will be three wires connecting to the relay: black, red and green. Of the three wires, cut the red wire in half. Get the shop to run a wire from fusebox (choose a fuse like the cigarette lighter or something that will run on ACC) and connect one to ground and the other wire to the red wire that is leading to the small relay..

aren't you from BM? you're thinking of making a trip down to Puchong to install them? wow... smile_big.gif

Thanks a million ardwoon. You have been a big help to me. Will have to print out of your dscription to take to the accessory shop when I collect my ride. Yes, I am from around BM area but will make a business trip down to KL sometime in June. So i will make it a point to meet up with you guys when im there. Thanks again

wakeng

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

wakeng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (adisonata @ Mar 18 2011, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wakeng, for the place to shop for LED light u can found in a few shop to see which one u like. To install it... i think better DIY. I also want easy life, but when I let them do DRL !!!! First Time for them!!! u know what i mean. BM don't hv much Sonata. Later I hv to DIY the DRL again. If u want I can help u on install, just belanja me a cup of milo.. ha. Don't worry I'm EE b4 plus already hv Adrwoon diagram.
Inform me when u get your ride. I stay in BM too. Maybe we can hv small TT & DIY.

Adrwoon thank for the DRL diagram. Did anyone want to order the DRL @ fog? What is the best price we can get?

Adisonata,

Bro will take you up on your offer. Instead of just Milo, will belanja you makan Old town la if you help me install. Will PM you once its time for me to collect the car Ok. Thanks bro.

fsrfaee

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

fsrfaee

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
To all the folks that's done the LED mods, got a question... saw this on the shark racing site:

http://www.sharkraci...;cate=012101000

i am interested in doing the V1 angle eye- type 3 (will probably go on my wishlist)... any thoughts?

adrwoon/ricky - do you think the puchong shop can install it for me?