Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 3008 - Issues

• Please log in to reply

chargerguy

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (ksb @ Jun 12 2013, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, ron95. Ron97 is smooth and power. Ron95 must depend hard on station(brand also) and the batch of fuel at the same station, same pump number. Ron97 is consistent. Ron95 sometime I kena sampah climb hill also totally NO power.

Pal,

Ur car is kinda in bad situation. I have no problem climbing hill with RON95. Better get it check into SC to determine the cause of it. It wont effect to this extend. There must be something not right..sad.gif

1 cent

ampang3008

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

ampang3008

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
aftter last time replace High Pressure Petrol Pump and so also 'Soft ware upgrade', car from idle to (0 - 80km/h) feel very 'soft' when step on accelerator, no Oummmmmmmmmmmmmm!

When drive on highway...no issue on running to 200km/h, just feel like no torque.

Sometime the Oummm will back, but only can last for a week, then will turn back to normal. Been trying using RON97, still the same.

Can advise what should I check? Im sending to KS soon (the old KS shifted from Sungai Besi to Cheras), at least i can give them a clue, to make them easier to do checking.

Is that possible :

- The 'Software Upgrade' is actually to down grade our map? so it can overcome our Prince engine knocking issue? My car have no knowking issue before (touch wood x 2), but Nasim SC said is composary to do that.

- turbo diverter valve issue?

- Carbon build up issue? (Normally SC charge how much for cleaning?)

- Turbo Hoses issue?

Appreciate your comments. smile_thumbup.gif

ksb

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

ksb

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Jun 12 2013, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pal,

Ur car is kinda in bad situation. I have no problem climbing hill with RON95. Better get it check into SC to determine the cause of it. It wont effect to this extend. There must be something not right..sad.gif

1 cent

No la, mine is new car yet.
I can tell when pump at diff station same brand petrol, then performance really diff.
Even my vios when pump to 'wrong' station, then climb hill also affected sad.gif
So far caltex & bhp give best power(depend on station, pump no.), but petronas gives quiet drive but smooth only, a bit less power.

jmkoo

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

jmkoo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
QUOTE (ampang3008 @ Jun 13 2013, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aftter last time replace High Pressure Petrol Pump and so also 'Soft ware upgrade', car from idle to (0 - 80km/h) feel very 'soft' when step on accelerator, no Oummmmmmmmmmmmmm!

When drive on highway...no issue on running to 200km/h, just feel like no torque.

Sometime the Oummm will back, but only can last for a week, then will turn back to normal. Been trying using RON97, still the same.

Can advise what should I check? Im sending to KS soon (the old KS shifted from Sungai Besi to Cheras), at least i can give them a clue, to make them easier to do checking.

Is that possible :

- The 'Software Upgrade' is actually to down grade our map? so it can overcome our Prince engine knocking issue? My car have no knowking issue before (touch wood x 2), but Nasim SC said is composary to do that.

- turbo diverter valve issue?

- Carbon build up issue? (Normally SC charge how much for cleaning?)

- Turbo Hoses issue?

Appreciate your comments. smile_thumbup.gif

Ampang

My experience shows that on hot days (temp over 38 C), the car usually no power as hot air is less dense and hence less oxygen than cooler air. Furthermore turbo exhaust will heat up the the compressed air even more. The intercooler maybe not very efficient to cool down heated air.

Not sure what the software upgrade does, but ifit is to prevent knocking means aggresive ignition retard when ping is detected OR make the fuel richer. I assume it will retard as make fuel rich will cause the 2nd O2 sensor to throw a fault code. This means lesser power.

I have learnt to drive sedately during hot weather and with heavy load. This helps to reduce engine knocking.

ampang3008

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

ampang3008

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (jmkoo @ Jun 14 2013, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ampang

My experience shows that on hot days (temp over 38 C), the car usually no power as hot air is less dense and hence less oxygen than cooler air. Furthermore turbo exhaust will heat up the the compressed air even more. The intercooler maybe not very efficient to cool down heated air.

Not sure what the software upgrade does, but ifit is to prevent knocking means aggresive ignition retard when ping is detected OR make the fuel richer. I assume it will retard as make fuel rich will cause the 2nd O2 sensor to throw a fault code. This means lesser power.

I have learnt to drive sedately during hot weather and with heavy load. This helps to reduce engine knocking.

jmkoo.

Thanks for your info.

My car issue, even tem below 30'C also having the same issue.
The only way to make my car torque temporary back, is to high speed driving in highway for 20 mins, but the torque back wont last long, maybe a week.

My case sound like carbon build up issue. But I also suspect :
- Last time my HP pump faulty, when send to NASIM, while they replacing the new pump for me, im not sure they mount back those pump for me properly or not, I feel that, it could be petrol injection issue.

- Could be the 'Software upgrade' issue, before they replace the new pump for me, they erase the ECU error and did the software upgrade for me, from there, the pulling power already become one kind.

I'm not good in car engine , above matter i'm just guessing, but it make me sick.
My car just clocking 60,000km, warranty off. Im sending to KS for servicing' at the same time will check the issue, hopefully KS have the original map for these car, so we can test whether is the software upgrade issue or not.
( I heard mechanic said, the software upgrade is actually to de-tune our prince engine, so when running on RON95, even the petrol is not good enough for our engine, it won't make our engine have bad cough (Knocking).

jmkoo

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

jmkoo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
QUOTE (ampang3008 @ Jun 16 2013, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jmkoo.

Thanks for your info.

My car issue, even tem below 30'C also having the same issue.
The only way to make my car torque temporary back, is to high speed driving in highway for 20 mins, but the torque back wont last long, maybe a week.

My case sound like carbon build up issue. But I also suspect :
- Last time my HP pump faulty, when send to NASIM, while they replacing the new pump for me, im not sure they mount back those pump for me properly or not, I feel that, it could be petrol injection issue.

- Could be the 'Software upgrade' issue, before they replace the new pump for me, they erase the ECU error and did the software upgrade for me, from there, the pulling power already become one kind.

I'm not good in car engine , above matter i'm just guessing, but it make me sick.
My car just clocking 60,000km, warranty off. Im sending to KS for servicing' at the same time will check the issue, hopefully KS have the original map for these car, so we can test whether is the software upgrade issue or not.
( I heard mechanic said, the software upgrade is actually to de-tune our prince engine, so when running on RON95, even the petrol is not good enough for our engine, it won't make our engine have bad cough (Knocking).

The HP pump doesn't seem to be the problem. If there is a problem, your engine couldn't work properly. Either mixture willbe too rich or too lean; both not good for the engine.

Carbon build-up could be an issue. Can I ask which engine oil you use? As far as I understand, the carbon build-up on the intake valves is due to residual oil coming from the PCV valve. My 3008 just passed 40k km after 2 years, and I don't feel less power or torque. My preferred oil is Castrol Edge 5w40. But I do de-carbonising every 10k km or when I get that judder feeling (its DIY)

The software upgrade could be the culprit. If it detunes the engine, then you are left with low power. This is quite unfortunate.

ampang3008

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

ampang3008

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (jmkoo @ Jun 16 2013, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The HP pump doesn't seem to be the problem. If there is a problem, your engine couldn't work properly. Either mixture willbe too rich or too lean; both not good for the engine.

Carbon build-up could be an issue. Can I ask which engine oil you use? As far as I understand, the carbon build-up on the intake valves is due to residual oil coming from the PCV valve. My 3008 just passed 40k km after 2 years, and I don't feel less power or torque. My preferred oil is Castrol Edge 5w40. But I do de-carbonising every 10k km or when I get that judder feeling (its DIY)

The software upgrade could be the culprit. If it detunes the engine, then you are left with low power. This is quite unfortunate.

jmkoo,
Really thanks for your prompt reply !

- Im using shell helix ultra 5w-40.
- You DIY de-carbonising?? Is that easy to DIY? would you mind to share? If I ask SC to do, is that expensive?
- Didn't NASIM's SC ask you to do the software upgrade? I believe your car is still under warranty, NASIM said is compulsory, otherwise will void the warranty.

chargerguy

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (jmkoo @ Jun 16 2013, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pal,

The power of the engine will eventually drop gradually that u wont even notice unless u compare another car with very less mileage with lesser carbon build up.

There is no DIY decarbo(chemical) at this moment which can actually help. The build up is thick and some up to 3-4mms and like rubber. Even a physical scrub is hard to get it off. The jerking and juddering is kinda random and u unable to replicate at the same time unless the build up is a lot to the extend choking on the valve.

The PCV contribute only 1 of three area of the build up and using 5-40 spec of engine oil is not good for the engine. It will cause the tensioner to have lesser tension due to thicker oil coz the tensioner is pressurised by engine oil as well. Besides that, journal bearing will have less oil pressure coz the engine is design to run weight 30 oil and all the oil passage is kinda small.

Just info sharing..smile.gif

Cheers..smile.gif

ampang3008

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

ampang3008

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Jun 16 2013, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pal,

The power of the engine will eventually drop gradually that u wont even notice unless u compare another car with very less mileage with lesser carbon build up.

There is no DIY decarbo(chemical) at this moment which can actually help. The build up is thick and some up to 3-4mms and like rubber. Even a physical scrub is hard to get it off. The jerking and juddering is kinda random and u unable to replicate at the same time unless the build up is a lot to the extend choking on the valve.

The PCV contribute only 1 of three area of the build up and using 5-40 spec of engine oil is not good for the engine. It will cause the tensioner to have lesser tension due to thicker oil coz the tensioner is pressurised by engine oil as well. Besides that, journal bearing will have less oil pressure coz the engine is design to run weight 30 oil and all the oil passage is kinda small.

Just info sharing..smile.gif

Cheers..smile.gif

Pal,

There was a topic mentioned about carbon build up in this forum few months ago, if not mistaken, there is forumer here (forgot his name), have an idea how to handle it, hopefully he is reading this, so wish he can suggest what to do.

If send to SC, can this job be done within 1 day? any idea how much does it caused?

chargerguy

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (ampang3008 @ Jun 16 2013, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pal,

There was a topic mentioned about carbon build up in this forum few months ago, if not mistaken, there is forumer here (forgot his name), have an idea how to handle it, hopefully he is reading this, so wish he can suggest what to do.

If send to SC, can this job be done within 1 day? any idea how much does it caused?

Not sure who the forumer is but if u check into SC, it will take more than 1 day..Perhaps u can call and make an appointment with SC to check it out..smile.gif