Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

To Buy Or Not To Buy?

• Please log in to reply

Popcorn

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Jul 15 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro u dont have to belive me.im a fat guy weight almost 200 pound, my fat friend also is around that, they having difficulty to go from the rear passenger seat area.if u tall like peter crouch also u will having difficulty to enter and go out from the car.

Buy Serena then.. if not also can opt for Urvan or Vanette smile_tongue.gif
Cruiser

scenic

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Jul 15 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro u dont have to belive me.im a fat guy weight almost 200 pound, my fat friend also is around that, they having difficulty to go from the rear passenger seat area.if u tall like peter crouch also u will having difficulty to enter and go out from the car.

Yo bro, relax. I believe you. Do you find that the Sylphy rear suspension is not that comfortable for the passengers ? I felt that way.
director's choice

wykiew

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:45 PM

wykiew

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Dear All Slyphy owners,

I'm interested in sylphy. wondering it's under power when its full load?

How is the maintenance $$?

How is the air-con performance?

Any one try driving up to Genting? any comment?

Thanks for yours advice before i sign the deal.

madex

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

madex

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
QUOTE (wykiew @ Oct 13 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear All Slyphy owners,

mykiew, i assumed you have test drive both. Since both are quite establish japan brand here, it should be more easy to choose if you can list WHAT YOU NEED MOST FROM A CAR (subject to individual).

So, if you heart like Slyphy becoz you feel it is more comfy and that is what you need most, you should be happy to buy, run and maintain even with some extra costs. I made a mistake by buying a car for solely reason it is known to be reliable, quality and so on without realising that i superseeded my most wanted criteria.

To give some idea what i meant, I bought Myvi but found that Pesona was better all arounder. Myvi may cheaper to run, better built quality and so on but the ride was pretty shaky, driver seat not supportive, handle like trolly, road noise + stereo were irritating...feel like don't want to drive it anymore and somemore want to maintain. But the good thing was, i still got RM4k nett after i sold it (supposed to be RM6k less final repair), thanks to our bolehland market value. Did i regret? Yes, I deserve a better car to drive for that similar price to pay. So, i realised that I CAN GET MORE THINGS MOST WANTED ONLY IF I SACRIFICE SOME.

I think Sylphy is good choice bcoz i think the car made have more solid purpose, to be comfort and pleasant ride. I rather sacrifice the cars handling than driving a "so-call sporty feel" but noisy and harsh ride at the sametime. After all, it can't be so wrong unless you buy from from grey importers.

fox68

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:09 AM

fox68

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
QUOTE (wykiew @ Oct 13 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear All Slyphy owners,

Nissan is having offers at the moment..discount of 5-7k depending on SA and freebies like half-leather seats, body-kits, etc. Also interest rate is at 2.88% p.a., max 9 yrs. This is if you have decided on the Sylphy. However the new Toyota Altis 1.8 and 2.0 are simply too good to turn down and EON bank is running a promo of 2.88% p.a. for the loans so maybe still possible to own an Altis!

Oh, I have seen that the maintenance for Nissans are cheaper than Toyotas depending on the place you go and the air-cons for both cars are industrial grade, super cool..All 1.8 and 2.0 cars can run up Genting on full load, I've tried with my previous Waja and Myvi so should not be a problem smile.gif