Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

[official] Proton Exora Bold And Prime

• Please log in to reply

Tourist

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Feb 19 2012, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i get this from borg warner site.

Turbocharger for passenger car gasoline applications with water-cooled bearing housing

Petrol engines, where the exhaust gas temperatures are 200 to 300 °C higher than in diesel engines, are generally equipped with water-cooled centre housings. During operation of the engine, the centre housing is integrated into the cooling circuit of the engine. After the engine's shutdown, the residual heat is carried away by means of a small cooling circuit, which is driven by a thermostatically controlled electric water pump.

is this true for exo cfe ,

There are people saying, after switching off the engine, the electrical fan is still running for a while. So I guess what Borg said is true.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

ntc2000

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Feb 19 2012, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My dad change to white. Got it last monday.
Reg no MCD....makes me hungry everytime.

Still cant get used to the car....feels huge.
I can throw the Pajero through any gap but not this one.
DVD player is too small to me.

Wonder why P2 no longer spray the undercarriage black with tar paint?

lol, last monday only get it? i tot ur dad get it earlier alr...

mine get before CNY.

agree with undercarriage, cut cost mah..

ntc2000

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Feb 20 2012, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know what you mean but unfortunately, many cars nowadays have this sort of "can't see the nose" design, not just Exora.

yup, sometimes really cant estimate the front end.. my front bumper below kena scratch due to wrong estimate the road side divider.. 059.gif

lucky at lower part.

ntc2000

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Feb 20 2012, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are people saying, after switching off the engine, the electrical fan is still running for a while. So I guess what Borg said is true.

yup, it is true. smile_approve.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Feb 20 2012, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,
Can you elaborate a bit above ?

I have experinced Waja 1.8, PV6, and Neo CPS, all these cars has properly stitched leather.
The stitching does not cause the leather to have unnecessary creases.
The Bold's leather has this creases. It makes the seats looks used. At some part its not the same left and right like at the headrest.

One more thing i discover is that some part are made in China. Its not that i am saying Made in China is bad in quality.
Its just one way to keep the cost down. Lie down and look at the sensor under the GB, its " Made in China"
The GB housing has "XUHANG" written on the side. I dont think "XUHANG" is a European company right?

Gunnerzz

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Feb 20 2012, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, last monday only get it? i tot ur dad get it earlier alr...

mine get before CNY.

agree with undercarriage, cut cost mah..

The sale center manager took the 1st brown that arrive.....

Intercooler placing is a nice touch to me.

ntc2000

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Feb 20 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The sale center manager took the 1st brown that arrive.....

Intercooler placing is a nice touch to me.

is time to double layer ur father bold tint... 059.gif 059.gif

ckwg

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

ckwg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Feb 20 2012, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have experinced Waja 1.8, PV6, and Neo CPS, all these cars has properly stitched leather.
The stitching does not cause the leather to have unnecessary creases.
The Bold's leather has this creases. It makes the seats looks used. At some part its not the same left and right like at the headrest.

One more thing i discover is that some part are made in China. Its not that i am saying Made in China is bad in quality.
Its just one way to keep the cost down. Lie down and look at the sensor under the GB, its " Made in China"
The GB housing has "XUHANG" written on the side. I dont think "XUHANG" is a European company right?

GB u mean the gear box right? I thought the gear box is made by Punch? Maybe Punch manufactured it in China (all multinational companies do that). Just hope the QC is ok.

Nabworld

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

Nabworld

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
yes its made in china simply bcos Punch Co have BIG assembly plants in china....nothing wrong with that...its not chinese in any shape or form...u must know that made in china sticker does give u tax breaks and so on !

but CVTs in general dont give u that 'kick' in power bcos al it wants is to be as smooth as possible...so everything is linear and gradual.......

wuu

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

wuu

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
QUOTE (Nabworld @ Feb 21 2012, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes its made in china simply bcos Punch Co have BIG assembly plants in china....nothing wrong with that...its not chinese in any shape or form...u must know that made in china sticker does give u tax breaks and so on !

but CVTs in general dont give u that 'kick' in power bcos al it wants is to be as smooth as possible...so everything is linear and gradual.......

scary to hear that gearbox from China...mine Inspira also got some component from China when opening the engine hood...some cables conduit harnessing from JK Factory in Tebrau and some from China...luckily engine + gbox still Japon. Only unlucky things getting the absorber made from lousy material...noisy