Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Buying A Hyundai... Think Again

• Please log in to reply

SplitFire

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ May 22 2012, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actyion -10k, now maybe 20-30k. consumption far from claimed, jerky between 1st and 2nd. he he he

No wonder not much on the road. smile_disapprove.gif

Consumption wise, my 2 battle tanks fuel consuption already bad enough. rolleyes.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

jayraptor

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ May 21 2012, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Market follower alway need to work harder sleep.gif

Just like less known brand alway offer freebies happy.gif

Japanese makes are market followers too. BMW & Merc are the trend leaders. Audi too has upgraded itself to be trend leaders. However, the less passionate brands seems to be taking things for granted and about to be overtaken if still stubborn.

jayraptor

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (rx330 @ May 15 2012, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Feds investigating 2012 Hyundai Elantra after airbag separates driver from his ear

http://www.autoblog....ag-separates-d/

Safety features like airbags are supposed to keep us safe in the event of a collision. But one driver allegedly met with a nasty surprise when an airbag in his car reportedly sliced his ear in half.

According to the Detroit Free Press, the incident occurred on April 7 when an unnamed owner of a 2012 Hyundai Elantra was in a crash. Apparently the side curtain airbag on the driver's side rapidly inflated (like it's supposed to) but took with it a metal bracket (which it's not). The result was a severe laceration to the driver's ear in an automotive reenactment of Holyfield-Tyson II.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is apparently looking into the event, but has yet to issue a recall. Hyundai for its part insists the incident was isolated, and that it has not received reports of anything similar happening to any other drivers.

Airbags are known to injure, severe and could even kill if the driver and passengers did not sit in proper position during crashes. If driver or front passenger did not fasten seatbelt during frontal collision, it'll instantly kill them with serious trauma. There are even known cases of airbags breaking drivers'/passengers' noses, hands and fingers. Sudden airbag deployment due to faulty sensor is most dangerous.

For this case, when collision happened to this Elantra driver, questions to ask:
1) Did he fasten his seatbelt
2) Is it frontal or side collision
3) What was the position of his head and body when the airbag deploys
4) Was he moving or swinging his head around while listening to radio

This is main reason why I dislike airbag. If possible, I would prefer no airbag since I don't drive reckless nor breaking the law. Just give me ABS, BA, EBD, VSC, TC enough.

jolokia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ May 26 2012, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Japanese makes are market followers too. BMW & Merc are the trend leaders. Audi too has upgraded itself to be trend leaders. However, the less passionate brands seems to be taking things for granted and about to be overtaken if still stubborn.

I thought Toyota just regained their throne for Q1 2012 ? Sudah tukar kah ?? smile_blackeye.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

SplitFire

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ May 26 2012, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought Toyota just regained their throne for Q1 2012 ? Sudah tukar kah ?? smile_blackeye.gif

I tot Jayraptor talk about "Thrend Leader" here? mellow.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire