Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Review: Chevrolet Orlando

• Please log in to reply

nazuri

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

nazuri

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (tehcho @ Dec 24 2012, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got lah , I tested at ttdi area,

Tehcho, i've test drove Orlando over the weekend at Jln Ampang the Naza Quest HQ. I'm not a regular MPV driver (this is my 1st MPV i drove) so my judgement would be biased.

First impression, I would say the Orlando looks has impressed me and when I sat on the driver's seat, it feel like i'm driving a premium car. Once I glanced the rear view mirror, then I realized I'm in a MPV because of it has 2 rear view mirrors i.e. one to view the back of your Orlando and one is to view your family members at the back, especially the kids at the back 3rd row.

Driving was a smooth one, the steering was very light but still can feel it unlike the Nissan Almeera, damn light and feel like I can use only 1 finger to steer ! eheh.

I can't say much on the noise, vibration and harshness part cause the test drive was a short one but overall, the NVH is okay to me. The pick up also not so bad as I was carrying 3 adults (me, my wife and the sales guy) and my 2 kids. I did floored abit the pedal to feel the pick up and it moved accordingly, so i dare to say it is not underpowered (but still depends on the load you were carrying). smile_cool.gif

The sitting arrangement also as good as other MPV, it just that as commonly found in other mid-sized MPV, the 3rd row is a bit cramp for adults, and the luggage area behind the 3rd row is not that to be proud of. But of course if the 3rd row seats are folded down, the space is larger than my current waja's boot smile_big.gif

Last but not least, the Chevrolet Orlando looks appealing for me to be the replacement of my current Waja. And the most important part is, when asked my wife and my 2 kids - they loved it !

Anyway, I still need other people feedback, not on the product itself but on Naza Quest, on how's their performance in term of after sales service. Are the authorised service center capable and know-how to treat and service the Chevy's ? That part was quite blurry and not much of information I can search in the Internet. smile_wink.gif

alphawolf

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (nazuri @ Dec 27 2012, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tehcho, i've test drove Orlando over the weekend at Jln Ampang the Naza Quest HQ. I'm not a regular MPV driver (this is my 1st MPV i drove) so my judgement would be biased.

First impression, I would say the Orlando looks has impressed me and when I sat on the driver's seat, it feel like i'm driving a premium car. Once I glanced the rear view mirror, then I realized I'm in a MPV because of it has 2 rear view mirrors i.e. one to view the back of your Orlando and one is to view your family members at the back, especially the kids at the back 3rd row.

Driving was a smooth one, the steering was very light but still can feel it unlike the Nissan Almeera, damn light and feel like I can use only 1 finger to steer ! eheh.

I can't say much on the noise, vibration and harshness part cause the test drive was a short one but overall, the NVH is okay to me. The pick up also not so bad as I was carrying 3 adults (me, my wife and the sales guy) and my 2 kids. I did floored abit the pedal to feel the pick up and it moved accordingly, so i dare to say it is not underpowered (but still depends on the load you were carrying). smile_cool.gif

The sitting arrangement also as good as other MPV, it just that as commonly found in other mid-sized MPV, the 3rd row is a bit cramp for adults, and the luggage area behind the 3rd row is not that to be proud of. But of course if the 3rd row seats are folded down, the space is larger than my current waja's boot smile_big.gif

Last but not least, the Chevrolet Orlando looks appealing for me to be the replacement of my current Waja. And the most important part is, when asked my wife and my 2 kids - they loved it !

Anyway, I still need other people feedback, not on the product itself but on Naza Quest, on how's their performance in term of after sales service. Are the authorised service center capable and know-how to treat and service the Chevy's ? That part was quite blurry and not much of information I can search in the Internet. smile_wink.gif

Bro, there's a lot of posts regarding Naza's service...quite a few of those are my own posts, due to the fact that both my cars are sold and maintained by them.

there are of course a few good Naza SCs around, but from my own experience with Peugeot, the mechanics are mostly undertrained and most SCs are understaffed. There are mechanical issues with the PSA/BMW Prince engine fitted to Pugs and the mechanics are unable to resolve it.

As for Chevys, I had experienced their SCs during my Aveo's warranty period. Generally, service sucks, some common parts are out of stock and not happy with their professionalism. I am very interested in replacing my Aveo with the new Sonic but refrained from doing so due to Naza's incompetance.

Anyway, hope they will improve, quickly.

jchong10

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

jchong10

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Dec 27 2012, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, there's a lot of posts regarding Naza's service...quite a few of those are my own posts, due to the fact that both my cars are sold and maintained by them.

there are of course a few good Naza SCs around, but from my own experience with Peugeot, the mechanics are mostly undertrained and most SCs are understaffed. There are mechanical issues with the PSA/BMW Prince engine fitted to Pugs and the mechanics are unable to resolve it.

As for Chevys, I had experienced their SCs during my Aveo's warranty period. Generally, service sucks, some common parts are out of stock and not happy with their professionalism. I am very interested in replacing my Aveo with the new Sonic but refrained from doing so due to Naza's incompetance.

Concur with your test drive review. Good first impression & car quality appears good. I can say that this is the right product filling into the gap between the Avanza, Livina and the Honda Stream, Wish price range. I hv almost sign the dotted line but gut feelings hold me back & do more searches. Just like what Alphawolf had said, dig deep enough & you will find it. Surf the My.Chevrolet facebook & you shall see many posting by Chevy owner, with quite a few having bad experiences like lack of replacement parts, electronic issues, wrong parts order with one comical incident of delivering a correct parts but for left hand drive (LHD) model. Hahahaha. After much though, unless, Naza Quest committed to proof them self first, I would kiv the purchase of a Chevy which had been my childhood dream car. Buying a car should be a pure joy & serve it's purpose but after reading most post by chevy owner, it is a sad experience that after sale support had yet to reach an acceptable yet for now.

ckl050877

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (jchong10 @ Dec 27 2012, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Concur with your test drive review. Good first impression & car quality appears good. I can say that this is the right product filling into the gap between the Avanza, Livina and the Honda Stream, Wish price range. I hv almost sign the dotted line but gut feelings hold me back & do more searches. Just like what Alphawolf had said, dig deep enough & you will find it. Surf the My.Chevrolet facebook & you shall see many posting by Chevy owner, with quite a few having bad experiences like lack of replacement parts, electronic issues, wrong parts order with one comical incident of delivering a correct parts but for left hand drive (LHD) model. Hahahaha. After much though, unless, Naza Quest committed to proof them self first, I would kiv the purchase of a Chevy which had been my childhood dream car. Buying a car should be a pure joy & serve it's purpose but after reading most post by chevy owner, it is a sad experience that after sale support had yet to reach an acceptable yet for now.

It depends who owns the company. I am not sure whether the boss has determination to improve the service. Something that achieve easily, you will not appreciate it. Second, other than a few person, even though you have money, I do not think you could get the "license". For those who really want to run this business can only jeoulous of this fellow! Everything is given to you but still unable to get it right!

alphawolf

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ Dec 27 2012, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It depends who owns the company. I am not sure whether the boss has determination to improve the service. Something that achieve easily, you will not appreciate it. Second, other than a few person, even though you have money, I do not think you could get the "license". For those who really want to run this business can only jeoulous of this fellow! Everything is given to you but still unable to get it right!

i agreed. if a person, or a group of persons, are being given special priviledges by certain quarters, then they will never going to improve..it's human nature.

Regardless of whether it is ill-intentioned or with good intentions, giving priviledges can more often than not backfire.

this is a fact about human nature smile_blackeye.gif

nazuri

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

nazuri

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Dec 27 2012, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks alphawolf for your view on this. Care to share with us the said Naza SCs that from your opinion is 'good' ?
We love the product but what make us stop and think twice before buying a Chevy's, is the service centre...and I believe thousands of the car buyers have decided to buy other brands (mostly the japanese) because of the after sales service..

As for already Chevy's owners, yeapp the only hope you guys have is to pray that Naza Quest will improve...QUICKLY !

nazuri

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

nazuri

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (jchong10 @ Dec 27 2012, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the comical incident was a good one ! what a waste money and time...
quoting your comments and alphawolf, i just wonder are there already people had tried to convey the dissatisfaction (of Naza Quest's services reputation) in the CEO's blog / twitter / facebook ? You guys aware that Datuk Wira SM Faisal has his own blog and twitter? Did anybody try already ?

And the MY.Chevrolet facebook, does anyone in Naza Quest or even the administrator of the site care to channel all the complaints (valid one of course) to the respective higher people mgmt or even their CEO ?

I wonder la...they can't just blind their eyes and deaf their ears..they should do something right?

alphawolf

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (nazuri @ Dec 28 2012, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the comical incident was a good one ! what a waste money and time...
quoting your comments and alphawolf, i just wonder are there already people had tried to convey the dissatisfaction (of Naza Quest's services reputation) in the CEO's blog / twitter / facebook ? You guys aware that Datuk Wira SM Faisal has his own blog and twitter? Did anybody try already ?

And the MY.Chevrolet facebook, does anyone in Naza Quest or even the administrator of the site care to channel all the complaints (valid one of course) to the respective higher people mgmt or even their CEO ?

I wonder la...they can't just blind their eyes and deaf their ears..they should do something right?

hello bro,
yes, i am in fact in FB, but more active in Nasim's FB page, as my Peugeot is still under warranty. However, my post had become lost in the midst of other Peugeot owner's complaints. My problem with my Peugeot is not on mechanical issues but all on servicing issues. I really pity those Peugeot owners who had to leave their cars at the SC for months, while Nasim go about figuring out how to resolve their issues smile_angry.gif Look at Peugeot's resale value now...it's plummeting.

As for my Chevy, the warranty period ended long time ago. I was happy when the warranty ended, which speaks volume on Naza Quest's horrible service.

I WISH and HOPE that Naza would be able to improve ASAP, as Peugeot and Chevrolet are one of my favourite cars. The Aveo, after almost 8 years, is still tip top and running around and the Pug's is a different class althogether. Like i said before, I really really wanted to buy the Sonic as replacement for my Aveo, but as you said, the famous bad service is making Chevrolet's second hand value really low and driving people away from the brand. I don't want to go through the whole day sitting inside their crappy service centres just to do some simple oil change..... smile_blackeye.gif

nazuri

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

nazuri

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Dec 28 2012, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello bro,
yes, i am in fact in FB, but more active in Nasim's FB page, as my Peugeot is still under warranty. However, my post had become lost in the midst of other Peugeot owner's complaints. My problem with my Peugeot is not on mechanical issues but all on servicing issues. I really pity those Peugeot owners who had to leave their cars at the SC for months, while Nasim go about figuring out how to resolve their issues smile_angry.gif Look at Peugeot's resale value now...it's plummeting.

As for my Chevy, the warranty period ended long time ago. I was happy when the warranty ended, which speaks volume on Naza Quest's horrible service.

I WISH and HOPE that Naza would be able to improve ASAP, as Peugeot and Chevrolet are one of my favourite cars. The Aveo, after almost 8 years, is still tip top and running around and the Pug's is a different class althogether. Like i said before, I really really wanted to buy the Sonic as replacement for my Aveo, but as you said, the famous bad service is making Chevrolet's second hand value really low and driving people away from the brand. I don't want to go through the whole day sitting inside their crappy service centres just to do some simple oil change..... smile_blackeye.gif

alphawolf, i can imagine how horrible that bad situation...being the owner of both world class cars (as its sold worldwide i presume) Pug and Chev is a good car but the party that sold and provide the services is the most crucial factor of the whole cars ownership thingy.

But have you tried to go 'personal' with the CEO or at least the COO of Naza Quest if the middle mgmt can't help at all ? i believe there must be some bunch of people in Naza Quest that want to bring good things into the company. smile_thumbup.gif

Anyway Bro, u overlooked to suggest a few good Naza service centres for our frens (maybe for me as well if i still want to go for the Orlando ! smile_big.gif )that still searching for that ...at least there are some good authorized service centres that we can rely on...

alphawolf

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (nazuri @ Dec 28 2012, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
alphawolf, i can imagine how horrible that bad situation...being the owner of both world class cars (as its sold worldwide i presume) Pug and Chev is a good car but the party that sold and provide the services is the most crucial factor of the whole cars ownership thingy.

But have you tried to go 'personal' with the CEO or at least the COO of Naza Quest if the middle mgmt can't help at all ? i believe there must be some bunch of people in Naza Quest that want to bring good things into the company. smile_thumbup.gif

Anyway Bro, u overlooked to suggest a few good Naza service centres for our frens (maybe for me as well if i still want to go for the Orlando ! smile_big.gif )that still searching for that ...at least there are some good authorized service centres that we can rely on...

Hi bro,
Will try to FB the CEO or the COO...I too am fustrated with the situation, thanks for the suggestion.

The only decent SCs I had personally came across is the one at Puchong, beside LDP and near to IOI Mall. Another one is Progressive Quality, which is in Subang. You can check out their addresess at Chevy's Malaysian site i think.Hope they are still staying decent. Now I bring my Chevy to Korean Car Mates...much much better service.

I heard that the one in JB is good too from one of the forumer....but needless to say that's too far for us smile_blackeye.gif

Maybe the other forumers can help to chip in?

Just avoid the one at Bangi. Bought my Chevy there and also had my services there most of the time, since I am working in Kajang. It's just a rubbish place.