Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

'lemon Law' May Put Squeeze On Car Sellers

• Please log in to reply

kaylcar

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Aug 10 2011, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wat to do.. proton still cheaper than other make..

which Proton?.....everyone tell me they are sooooo much better now, but I still don't believe
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

vr2turbo

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Aug 10 2011, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wat to do.. proton still cheaper than other make..

I tested the Exora, then went for the Chery..... smile_tongue.gif

kaylcar

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:46 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 10 2011, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tested the Exora, then went for the Chery..... smile_tongue.gif

Exora big car but seriously underpowered....how do u find the Chery? It's Mitsu parts isn't it?

vr2turbo

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Aug 12 2011, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exora big car but seriously underpowered....how do u find the Chery? It's Mitsu parts isn't it?

Initially wanted the Eastar MPV, but after test drive wife prefers the Tiggo SUV.
Chery now have their own engine. The Ateco engine designed by an Austrian.
2.0L twin cam having almost same power as the old single cam Mitsu 2.4L engine....
Only dislike is having 4 gears auto only.... smile_blackeye.gif

jacksonljs

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:15 PM

jacksonljs

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Aug 12 2011, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Normal lah, mid-size MPV weighing nearly 1.5 tonnes with 1.6 NA engine, i can say it's sorely underpowered for auto version (press about half throttle also move slowly with only 2 persons onboard). It's not like we are racing with others, for me, the critical thing about car performance is when it's pulling out from junction into main road with fast moving traffic. Alza is quite responsive even with 1.5 engine, but if fully loaded with 6 - 7 persons, both Alza and Exora are seriously underpowered especially auto version.

kaylcar

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:56 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jacksonljs @ Aug 12 2011, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Normal lah, mid-size MPV weighing nearly 1.5 tonnes with 1.6 NA engine, i can say it's sorely underpowered for auto version (press about half throttle also move slowly with only 2 persons onboard). It's not like we are racing with others, for me, the critical thing about car performance is when it's pulling out from junction into main road with fast moving traffic. Alza is quite responsive even with 1.5 engine, but if fully loaded with 6 - 7 persons, both Alza and Exora are seriously underpowered especially auto version.

even manual version of exora is feeble, u have to rev the crap out of that engine to make the car go uphill with just 2 people inside, so it's very tiring to drive, and feels like it will break easily becos the engine is not free revving. Alza dunno, never try it.

vr2turbo

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Aug 13 2011, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
even manual version of exora is feeble, u have to rev the crap out of that engine to make the car go uphill with just 2 people inside, so it's very tiring to drive, and feels like it will break easily becos the engine is not free revving. Alza dunno, never try it.

Alza, I think same engine as the Avanza. Quite nippy, because much small in size..... smile_tongue.gif

jacksonljs

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

jacksonljs

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Aug 13 2011, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 13 2011, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alza, I think same engine as the Avanza. Quite nippy, because much small in size..... smile_tongue.gif

if u refer to the torque figure for 1.6 CPS engine, maximum torque of 150 Nm is produced at 4.5k rpm, and being an MPV, plenty amount of low end torque is more important than hp that Potong did boast about (125 hp for 1.6 CPS, but who want to rev that crap engine until near redline anyway everytime).

For Alza, since it is not a real 7-seater (5 seaters + extra 2 seats just in case for short distance travelling coz 3rd row seat is hell sempit even for bigger size children), performance should be adequate and acceleration is more responsive than Exora. However, if loaded with 7 persons inside, it will also become very struggle to move around with Alza especially Auto version.

vr2turbo

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
Lower cc and heavy full load sure not enough power.... smile_blackeye.gif

SplitFire

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 12 2011, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Initially wanted the Eastar MPV, but after test drive wife prefers the Tiggo SUV.
Chery now have their own engine. The Ateco engine designed by an Austrian.
2.0L twin cam having almost same power as the old single cam Mitsu 2.4L engine....
Only dislike is having 4 gears auto only.... smile_blackeye.gif

Wow. smile_shock.gif Next time must test drive this Ateco engine liao... smile_tongue.gif Enough of your VR4 liao coz too powerful until I cannot follow.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire