Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Wax & Sealant Review

• Please log in to reply

g88

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:13 AM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (wengleang @ Feb 27 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes will update here since i got it today from Eneos. I got the Fusso coat speed & barrier (liquid in spray bottle type) cost me Rm55 smile_big.gif

awaiting for ur review ! Good luck also bek075.gif

wengleang

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:48 AM

wengleang

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Feb 28 2009, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
awaiting for ur review ! Good luck also bek075.gif

Will update by next week coz this week won't be doing any washing... 059.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:10 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,493 posts
QUOTE (wengleang @ Feb 28 2009, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will update by next week coz this week won't be doing any washing... 059.gif

Okay, Done and Pinned...

Bro. wengleang,

No review??

Rdgs,

wengleang

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

wengleang

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 2 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, Done and Pinned...

Bro. wengleang,

No review??

Rdgs,

Bro VR,

Sorry been busy lately so didn't manage to properly apply the Fusso Speed & Barrier but last week I manage to use it for the first time. Since the instruction is all in Japanese and I wasn't sure the correct method to apply it so i email to Soft99 via their website. They reply me in a few days time and they inform me to apply it like any QD (Just Spray & wipe off with MF) No need to let it dry & buff off.

This Fusso speed & barrier liquid is part QD & part sealant. It has a mild cleaning effect + PTFE (teflon) so apply it is very easy and fast. Just spray on and wipe off. Since my ride is silver color so i can say that the gloss part is just like sealant (3/6) unlike my MG deep crystal Carnauba wax which give me a deeper gloss & shine.

The selling point for this product in my humble view is the water beading & resistance to dirt. I notice this coz the next day after i apply it was raining quite heavily & the water beading effect is very nice indeed. Durability is much better than my carnauba coz normally the beading is not so good after 2 to 3 wash but so far I apply it almost 1 week already and been raining almost daily plus me doing washing & the water beading is still good (The bottle say it can last 90 days but if it can give me 1 month i will also be very happy already)

It create a barrier against dirt too. Each time i drive back after rain sure will attract dirt on the driver & front passenger door but very easy to remove as i just need to spray water & easily wipe it off. I think i'll rate this product slightly better than Speed wax for durability & water beading although the price is more expensive (about Rm54/bottle)

Also to add it doesn't appear any black stain mark but i think it won't appear on my ride coz i wash quite regularly (2 to 3 time a week smile_blush.gif )

Well...this is my review for this product. (I'm quite tempted to try MG UQD next since got good review from fellow forumer & also view it on YouTube on the water repealing effect smile_thumbup.gif )

vr2turbo

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:13 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,493 posts
Thanks for the review, but please review further.
Test on Fusso coat has reviewed that the beading is fantastic, but the dirt sticks after a period of time.

I myself have tested the F1 shine it all and this product also gives very good beading, but alas it does not protect too well also. After a period of time the dirt will also stick and can be removed by polish only.
It will not come off with washing.....

rdgs,

KrisMas

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:17 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Product Name: Optimum Car Wax

Price: Retail Price RM 120

Purchase From: Ultimateshine (local)

Size: 17fl oz or 504ml

Amount used during application: One pump of the sprayer could do ¼ of my front WAJA door panel. I’d say if I were to use this to wax my car once a month, it should last me at least a year.

Label text:
Optimum Car Wax is the only spray wax with a patented UV system (patent # 6,685,765) that protects paint from UVA and UVB. It is also the only spray wax with a patented polymer/Carnauba system that provides up to 5 months of protection (patent # 6,669,763). Optimum Car Wax is safe for vinyl surfaces and moldings and can be used to protect these surfaces as well.
• Easy to use, just spray and wipe
• Environmentally friendly: contains no petroleum chemicals
• One application can last up to 5 months
• Provides mazimum UV protection to help prevent fading
• Non-abrasive: will not scratch or swirl the finish
• Performance Guaranteed

Directions on the label:
Wash the entire car with Optimum Car Wash or Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. Remove the excess water with Optimum Microfiber Towel or chamois.
Spray Optimum Car Wax directly on the surface and wipe in with a clean Microfiber towel.

Ease of use: It is brain-dead easy to use, just like a quick detailer. Spray on and wipe off.

Smell/Scent: a little sweet scent of coconut.

Consistency: Just a little thicker than water and milky white in color.

Cleaning Ability: The microfiber cloth that I used did get a little dirty after 2 or 3 panels indicating that it does have a very mild cleaning ability.

Appearance: Very glossy, shiny and slick. Well it is a proper wax as oppose to a topper or quick detailer.

Durability: Still testing. So far after one week, my car went through 3 torrential rains and the beading only around 75% weaker (as opposed to a few other sealants that I’ve tested). Surviving quite well I might say.

Pros: Brain-dead easy to use. Just spray and wipe. Don’t need to leave it to haze or wipe off any residue after applying. No residue stain on plastics, rubber, glass, etc.

Cons: Not on the product, but more on the sprayer head. It tends to drip from the spray head when pumping and these droplets tend to produce some streaking after wiping. Also needed to be careful to do a small section at a time as it flashes quite fast and would leave the wax spotting on the surface.

My Personal Ratings:
Application: 9/10 – no sealant so far is this easy to apply (I haven’t tried Optimum Opti Seal or Zaino Clear Seal that are supposedly easier, which is a wipe-on-walk-away product).
Removal: 8/10 – it’s like using a quick detailer, just wipe until you see it flashes off.
Appearance: 7/10 – typical sealant look, shiny, glossy but lack a bit of depth
Beading: 7/10 – nice and tight
Sheeting: 6/10 – as good as you can get for a sealant
Slickness: 6/10 – very smooth and silky
Durability: Still testing, but looking at it’s current performance, it should pass the 1 month mark with ease.

Personal Overall Ratings:
7/10

Overall Comments:
After one week of having it on my car, I’d say I’m very impressed. If this was a normal liquid sealant, it would have been no. 2 on my go-to list, right after Zaino Z2. But if I've just finish polishing and running short of time, this would be the first and only product that I would grab for. I can finish waxing the whole car in around 5 minutes.

Best of regards.

tploh

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:19 AM

tploh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
QUOTE (2322 @ Feb 15 2009, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi tp. r u using Duragloss 105 ?

Sorry for my late replay 2322. yes I use #501 ( Marine Polish ) > #601 ( Polish Bonding Agent ) > #105 ( Total Performance Polish, which is a sealant. very buttery feeling ) > #951 ( Aquawax ).

I did it by hand. Takes me 1+ hrs. smile_wink.gif

tploh

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

tploh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 15 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could it be similar to ICE sealant. Also oily.
Now testing on my ride. First impression was not good, but since I have already bought it, gave my ride a round of M#80 and seal with ICE again to test. This week no rain, even when it rained two days back it was under shade/cover. Today gave it a round of shampoo wash, and still sleek and smooth.....

Can't comment. We can swap my DG with your ICE to test ourselves. smile_thumbup.gif

tploh

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:26 AM

tploh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Feb 16 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro.tp.

How's the look and beads when compares to those wax tht we tested on SAT?

btw: all the waxes namely dodo,collinite ,osren and wolfgang are easy to remove.. is slightly easier than smart Sealant.

I guess, it looks like Krismas' rating at the very beginning.

durag

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

durag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
autogeek_2005_15747693.jpg
QUOTE (tploh @ Apr 4 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess, it looks like Krismas' rating at the very beginning.

120RM for OCW? Phew, that must be crazy. another great product is Duragloss Aquawax #951. Non streaking, easy on and wipe off.

Enhanced gloss and an incredible “wet look”!

Duragloss Aquawax is formulated to wax after washing in one easy step. Duragloss AW produces a high gloss, durable finish with minimal effort. Aquawax contains no abrasives and is clear coat safe.

This is Duragloss’ most popular product! Duragloss Aquawax produces a deep, wet gloss on clean paint. On an already waxed finish, Aquawax deepens the reflection, enhances the shine and increases slickness. This is a synthetic sealant spray with the gloss of a wax.

Though Duragloss Aquawax is designed for a post-wash touch-up, it makes an incredible topper over any of Duragloss’ polishes: Polish and Cleaner #101, Clear Coat Polish #111, and Total Performance Polish #105. These are all essentially paint sealants. After they’ve had adequate time to cure, spray on Aquawax and buff to a dramatic gloss.

Use Duragloss Aquawax any time to enhance gloss. As a maintenance wax, it applies an extra layer of protection and enhances the gloss of the existing paint protection. We recommend using a plush Cobra Deluxe Jr. Microfiber Towel to buff off Aquawax.

Since Duragloss Aquawax is a polymer sealant, it has good durability in its own right, but it will last longest when used as a topper. Plus, Aquawax will increase the lifespan of your existing paint protection.

Enjoy incredible depth and gloss in a convenient spray-on formula with Duragloss Aquawax #951.

22 oz. trigger spray

Copy from Autogeek.